Monday 12 January 2009

Silverlight Image Search Visualisation


If any of you have tried doing an Image search in either Live or Google the way it presents the results can be rather dull, just a page full of images, so I thought as I usually do... isn't there a better way to visualise this? - and Silverlight came to the rescue.
A friend of mine mentioned a plugin called CoolIris which I thought looked amazing so I decided to see if I could achieve the same type of visualisation in Silverlight.
So far its going well, as you can see above we have the same wall effect though just using a sample image; once I have the search sorted (at the moment using the Live Search SDK) and movement this will look amazing.
For those interested I will be writing about this in the next 2 StudentZine newsletter articles.

No comments: