Friday 8 June 2007

Microsoft PopFly

Well theres yet another cool new feature that Microsoft has launched, currently its still only an Alpha but I have had chance to use it. Its based on another recent technology called Silverlight and uses it as a presentation layer to create mashups between different web services. Such as placing peoples location from Facebook on a Virtual Earth map.

I was rather lucky to get an invite to it for being a MSP (Microsoft Student Partner) however I already had an invite! Guess I'm just lucky.

Its a cool technology which is along the same lines as Yahoo Pipes(though never tried it), you can even create your own blocks or collection of blocks for other people use.

I'll most like post again once I have messed around some more and maybe post some screenshots.

No comments: